Be a Portland Girl: The Perfect Girl's Weekend in Portland
Portland has been a main stop on any west coast road trip for years! With its quirky brunch spots, spas, shops, and bars, Portland is an unbeatable spot for a girl's weekend, and I’ve already drawn up your itinerary for you! (Thank me later.)
If you’ve been to Portland, you probably know all about the amazing gardens, museums, shops, and restaurants downtown, but I want to help you get off the beaten path a little bit so that you can check out some of my favorite haunts in NE Portland. Yes, Powell’s Books is amazing and VooDoo donuts are ever popular, but if you want a fresh take on our city, keep reading and I’ll show you some out-of-the-way gems that you might not find in typical Portland travel guides.
- Hit up Tasty n Sons for brunch. Whether you’re into sweet or savory breakfasts, Tasty n Sons has something for everyone (along with some unique brunch cocktails!). The offbeat menu was inspired by the chef’s travels and interaction with immigrant communities and their cuisine, so you’ll find globally-inspired (and freaking delicious) dishes like the chocolate potato doughnut, Shakshuka, and a Dutch Baby. If you’re not feeling adventurous this morning, you’ll find plenty of traditional brunch staples as well!
- Shop for gifts at Queen Bee. Everything at Queen Bee is handmade by Portland artisans, many of whom you can watch at work directly behind the store in the workshop. This amazing shop strives to create quality goods while forging a connection between buyer and creator. Queen Bee is known for their gorgeous purses, wallets, and tote bags, but you can also find jewelry, clothing, home goods, and other accessories.
- Enjoy a relaxing facial or sugaring at The Portland Girl! You may have visited a spa before, but not like this. Take amazing care of your skin in a warm and inviting setting, and know that you are treating yourself to beauty ritual that is completely free of irritants and artificial ingredients, and absolutely nothing is tested on animals. Also, I can’t recommend sugaring enough. We all have at least one waxing horror story, but sugaring is a sweet-ass alternative to the nasty wax pots! Trust me, this ancient form of hair removal will change your life with just a little sugar, water, and lemon. Am I biased because this is my shop? Probably, but check out our killer Yelp reviews and decide for yourself.
- Happy Hour at Cruzroom. After you’re glowing and smooth from your spa treatments, it’s time for for some incredible food and cocktails. Vegan? Meat eater? Doesn’t matter, they have it ALL and a wildly yummy twist to surprise you! Insider tip: go for the “Bangkok” cocktail if you’re feeling spicy!
- Try a class at People’s Yoga of Killingsworth Street, followed by breakfast at Woodlawn Bakery. Start off your Sunday with their amazing latte and then enjoy a breakfast plate or a pastry (or hell, both!).
- Shopping on Alberta street. Once you’re stretched out, fed, and caffeinated, take a stroll around this historic street and explore the incredible galleries, shops, and bars. And don’t forget Salt and Straw for some friggin’ delicious ice cream!
Portland is about so much more than downtown. As any local will tell you, most of the hip finds are actually found in the little nooks and crannies that sometimes get overshadowed by the more common stops downtown, and it’s those memorable places that will help you create a girls' weekend to remember! Have a question? Feel free to ask away in the comments section below!